Sunday, October 11, 2009

Cleopatra All Done

Today I decided to paint the hieroglyphs on the right of Cleopatra, down to the soles of her feet. I wanted to define her figure, to use the shadows in the stone to bring her "out" of the stone.

I did not paint quite all of the hieroglyphs - there is a row on the right still. But had I started to paint that row, it would have taken me the whole day to finish.

It took me four hours to do this thin strip of stone. Hopefully I managed to make it look "stony" enough.

So next I will be moving on the Caesarion. He looks like an interesting project! I will be painting him from head to toe and then add the rest of the hieroglyphs between him and his mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment