And here is the background gold more or less finished - the pillar on the right is next, then I think I'll do the sunshade above the couple, and then the lower frieze. And then it is time to start with the couple. I am actually quite happy that I have managed to achieve a certain level of reality with visible brushstrokes. Usually I blend blend blend... But now I decided not every stroke has to disappear. (Might explain the quicker process too...) :) Quite refreshing to see I have the courage to do that.
(Sorry the light does not reach the paintign evenly, so there are shadows and some variations to color)